Welcome To The Office of The Registrar
By Statute 8 of the University books, the Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible in accordance with Section 3(3) of this Statute.
The Registrar’s Office is responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the University.
- The Registrar’s Office handles the promotion, training and retraining and discipline of Staff through the Directorate of Personnel Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office facilitates effective student registration and enrollment through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office also builds secure student data files and sets policy and procedure for their responsible use through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office maintains up-to-date course schedules, catalogs, final examination schedules through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Council Affairs, coordinates the smooth operations of the University Governing Council;
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring/Management Information Systems Unit, develops a data bank for planning and budgeting and information system of the University; and
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Corporate Services, handles the Publicity, Convocation Ceremonies, Protocol and Hospitality, Publication, Servicom and Immigration services needs of the University Community.
Vision, Mission & Objectives
To be the technological flagship of University Registry in the West African Sub-Region through harnessing technology for administrative excellence.
To engender the sense of selflessness and integrity in the public service, towards sustaining high-quality performance essential for making Obafemi Awolowo University the technological flagship of the West African Sub-Region.
The strategic objectives of the Unit are to:
- facilitate the overall good administration of the University through the provision of sound and untainted advice to the Vice-Chancellor as the Chief Executive and Principal Academic Officer of the University;
- promptly implement policy issues as directed by the Governing Council and the
- University Management;
- accurately serve as the repository of the records, rules and the regulations of the University;
- coordinate on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, administration of the University with respect to Personnel Matters, Governing Council Affairs, Academic Affairs, Public Relations and other General Services Duties.